NFHS Supporting Team Up Speak Up
August 1, 2018 by Seth Polansky, AZPreps365
Team Up Speak Up asks coaches to give a short, one-minute speech to their team that makes 3 simple points:
- We’re a team. We look out for each other.
- A teammate with a concussion is a teammate that needs your help.
- It is your responsibility to Speak Up to an adult if you think a teammate has a concussion.
It’s important that athletes, especially youth athletes, hear the Team Up Speak Up message at the beginning of every season to establish a positive concussion culture.
Participating is as easy as 1-2-3, and is detailed in the attached “How to Participate” one-pager:
- Sign Up your organization at TeamUpSpeakUp.org. It takes fewer than 2 minutes.
- Speak Up by making sure this speech is given to the teams you care about.
- Spread the Word on social media using #TeamUpSpeakUp.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions, please reach out to Evan Pursley at email@example.com.