- Tennis: Singles, doubles state tournaments begin Friday April 21 Divisions I, II and III set across Valley next 2 weekends
- BEACH VOLLEYBALL: Salpointe & Mesquite advance to quarterfinals No. 3 Salpointe beat No. 14 Boulder Creek 5-0 in the first round of the Division I Beach Volleyball playoffs on Wednesday. The Lancers will host No. 11 Mesquite in the quarterfinal round next Tuesday, Apr. 25 at 4:30 p.m.
- BASEBALL PLAYOFF PICTURE: Cienega, Sahuarita, Sabino & Willcox are in April 26. That’s the official start of the baseball and softball playoffs but, for a few teams on the edge, the postseason started this week.
- SOFTBALL: Ironwood Ridge & Mountain View preparing for 5A playoffs The final score might indicate football but that’s months away. No, we had a pair of top ten teams battling it out in 5A action Monday night with Ironwood Ridge coming back from a 7-1 deficit to defeat Mountain View Marana 14-8.
- Postseason push on for 6A East Valley baseball, softball Bubble teams already in playoff mode
- D-I BEACH VOLLEYBALL: Salpointe & Ironwood Ridge from the South No. 3 Salpointe (10-1) and No. 6 Ironwood Ridge (10-2) are the Southern Arizona representatives to the Division I state tournament slated to begin on Wednesday, Apr. 19. Salpointe will host No. 14 Boulder Creek (6-5) at 4:30 p.m. and Ironwood Ridge will host No. 11 Mesquite (8-3) at 4 p.m.
- GIRLS TENNIS: Catalina Foothills working for another championship Domination is winning a state championship 13 out of the last 17 years. Even better, the four “off” years for the girls of Catalina Foothills since 2000 included a third-place finish and three runner-up trophies. But, when you are used to being the last team standing, a runner-up finish is hard to accept.
- Softball: Mtn. Pointe rallies past Westwood Pride makes Warriors pay for miscues in 9-3 win
- BASEBALL: Cienega beat Mountain View in 5A Southern Region action No. 7 Cienega held off No. 26 Marana Mountain View 5-0 on Thursday to keep pace with No. 10 Sahuaro in the 5A Southern Region standings.
- Softball: Perry continues torrid streak Bats stay hot in 15-4 win over Xavier Prep