- BASEBALL: Pusch Ridge making final push for playoffs The regular season is drawing to an end but there’s life on the horizon for teams hoping to play one more day and, if that day turns into a few more, then all the better. In the 3A conference, that new life comes in the form of the Play-In Tournament scheduled for Wednesday, Apr. 26.
- SOFTBALL: Sabino clinches region, will wait for seed It’s been three years since Sabino hosted a playoff game and the Sabercats will have to wait till next Tuesday to see if they will be hosting another. Ranked 14th, the Sabercats beat No. 12 Pusch Ridge 10-0 on Thursday night to clinch the 3A South Region but where the team lands in the Play-In Tournament is what matters most now.
- Tennis: Singles, doubles state tournaments begin Friday April 21 Divisions I, II and III set across Valley next 2 weekends
- BASEBALL PLAYOFF PICTURE: Cienega, Sahuarita, Sabino & Willcox are in April 26. That’s the official start of the baseball and softball playoffs but, for a few teams on the edge, the postseason started this week.
- Postseason push on for 6A East Valley baseball, softball Bubble teams already in playoff mode
- SOFTBALL: Pusch Ridge beat Catalina, looking towards playoffs SOFTBALL: Pusch Ridge beat Catalina, looking towards playoffs
- Softball: Mtn. Pointe rallies past Westwood Pride makes Warriors pay for miscues in 9-3 win
- Softball: Perry continues torrid streak Bats stay hot in 15-4 win over Xavier Prep
- BEACH VOLLEYBALL: Ironwood Ridge is playoff eligible; Xavier wins section Ironwood Ridge (10-1 overall, 8-0 in Section III), became playoff eligible for the first time in program history on Wednesday by virtue of competing in the 11th game of the year. The 5-0 win over section opponent Queen Creek (2-6, 2-5) also put in the Nighthawks in the driver’s seat for the section title.
- Softball: Chaparral tops Williams Field, 3-1 Chaparral's Thurston loses perfecto, settles for 1-hitter