Mid/Senior Laravel Developer
The Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization based in Phoenix, Arizona. The AIA is the governing body for high school athletics and activities made up of both private, public and charter high schools as part of its membership. Staff is very much family oriented, with benefit of paid school-based holidays.
The AIA’s primary fan driven website, www.azpreps365.com, is the premier website for state high school associations with over 30 million page views annually. AZPreps365.com brings high school fans closer to the action with schedules, scores, rankings, brackets, live game video and more, and is powered by a robust administrative website managed by AIA staff and school personnel.
The AIA also manages the registration of officials and assigns over 45,000 game assignments annually to regular and post season contests.
What We’re Looking For
The Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) is hiring a full stack PHP/Laravel developer.
This is a mid/senior level position working closely with the Director of Business Development
and Senior Developer. Candidates with relevant experience in other languages and platforms
will be considered. We are looking for a self-starter with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical minded and non-technical minded individuals, good problem-solving skills, and the ability to work both individually and with a team.
We prefer the mid/senior level developer be local to Phoenix, AZ or Portland, OR, but don’t let that stop you from making contact.
- 4+ years web development experience
- Full stack awareness from front-end to database
- Self-starter, able to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Attention to detail (mention artichokes)
- Strong communication skills, especially with non-technical staff
- Some background in sports preferred, but not required
This is a “full stack” position, but you won’t be working alone. We realize “full stack expert” doesn’t exist. Tell us about some of your strengths and weaknesses with:
- Relational Database Schema design
- API implementation or integration (e.g. REST, GraphQL)
- CMS platforms (e.g. WordPress, Craft)
- Graphics (e.g. Photoshop)
- Front-end development frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Bulma)
- Responsive Design techniques and methods
- Version control workflows and tools (e.g. git)
- Modern Object Oriented PHP or equivalent
- Experience with modern Web Frameworks (e.g. Laravel, MVC)
- Health, Dental, Life, Disability and other insurance benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer Break
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Employer matched as per rates established by ASRS
- Dependent on experience
Email resume and cover letter to Brian Bolitho, email@example.com, no later than March 25, 2020.